Visiting Edwards in person is the best way to choose an instrument. Three hours in the Pro Stop will enable you to play many different instrument combinations. Ultimately, you will be fitted to the horn that is perfect for you. In order to make your fitting fun and productive, it's important that you have a stress-free trip to Elkhorn. To help with this, the following information has been provided.
Edwards takes two appointments a day Monday through Friday. An average session can last anywhere from 1½ - 3 hours. The first appointment slot is 8:30 am - 12 pm. The second is 1:30 - 4:30 pm. Please make your appointment with Christan or Ron three to four weeks prior to your visit. Appointment slots are reserved further in advance during summer months, spring break, and the holidays. Be sure to visit Return & Exchange Policies before your visit.
We want to provide the best customer service possible and this includes
informing you of our policies before you make a visit to Elkhorn. If
you have any questions, please ask them before your visit, during your
visit, and during your two week trial period. Our goal is to
satisfy you 100% with the quality of our instruments and the fitting
The closest airport to Edwards is Milwaukee (airport code MKE), which is 45 minutes away by car. O’Hare International in Chicago (airport code ORD) is the second closest with a driving time of 1.5 hours. Chicago Midway is the farthest from Elkhorn at 2-2.5 hours. If you are able, advance book a flight into Milwaukee to have a relatively stress-free trip. The traffic is much easier to navigate, as well. The flights into Milwaukee can be competitive with Chicago’s airports if you book far enough in advance.
We have found that Google Maps provides the most accurate directions to Edwards. Our address does not show up accurately in any other online map service.
Airport Shuttle Service
Things To Do
Lake Geneva is a nice resort-style town ten miles from Elkhorn. There are a lot of Chicago people there in the summer, but the lake provides some nice scenery and there are plenty of tourist shops where you can spend money.
The Kettle Moraine State Forest is fifteen miles from Elkhorn. Hiking and mountain biking trails can be found here. There is also some great road biking available in the surrounding area. The General Store is a bike shop in La Grange. They can take care of your biking needs. Visit www.backyardbikes.com to rent a mountain bike and plan your adventure. In the wintertime you can also cross-country ski and snowshoe the trails in the Kettle Moraine. The necessary equipment can also be rented from the General Store. Great sandwiches and coffee are available. Tell Mike that Christan sent you.
For those that one to ride some fantastic roller coasters, Six Flags Great America is located in Gurnee, Illinois.
In addition to the above activities, there are a number of fantastic golf courses in the area.
- Edwards Instrument Co.
530 S Hwy H
Elkhorn, WI 53121
Get a map from your house or destination airport to Edwards at Yahoo Maps. Cross reference your Yahoo map with an actual map just to be 100% sure of directions.
- Make sure you have a car rental confirmed before you depart for Milwaukee’s Mitchell, Chicago's O'Hare, or Chicago’s Midway airports.
- Make your hotel reservations in advance. Southeastern Wisconsin is a tourist area and hotel rates will fluctuate with the seasons.
- Book your appointment with Christan three to four weeks in advance.
- Bring two contrasting pieces of music to your appointment. Plan on playing both while getting fit to your Edwards.
- Bring your mouthpiece. We have Edwards and Griego mouthpieces available to try in house.
- If the door at the Edwards building is locked when you arrive, please go two buildings down to Getzen. They will announce your arrival.
Inn Elkhorn (4 miles from
factory, most food options, pool)
40 West Hidden Trail
Elkhorn, WI 53121
Use the following to get a better rate at the Hampton Inn:
- Call the hotel directly and mention you are with Getzen (corporate ID # 2702251)
- If you forget to mention you are with Getzen while making your reservation, simply let the front desk associate know during check-in
- Americinn (1 mile from factory)
Hwy 67 & I43
- Best Western (12 miles from factory)
300 Wrigley Dr.
Lake Geneva, WI
- The Cove of Lake Geneva (12 miles from factory)
111 Center St
Lake Geneva, WI
- Super 8 Motel (7 miles from factory)
518 Borg Rd.
Suites Kenosha - Pheasant Prairie
7887 94th Avenue
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Includes kitchen facilities
Eating in Elkhorn
(listed from cost efficient to expensive)
- Lukes-Market Street Italian Sandwiches
117 W. Market St.
Great Charbroiled Chicken Sandwich ($2.79). Get everything on it with provolone cheese & French bread. (Get the small fry as the large is disgustingly huge)
- Larducci’s Take Out Pizza
20 Washington St.
Loaded large around $15 - $20.
- Moy’s Restaurant
3 N Wisconsin St.
Chinese food. $5 - $9 per person for lunch. Dinner dishes increase in price.
- Moose Creek Bar & Grille
N4403 Cty Tk H
Just down the street from Edwards but totals $10 per person by the time you’re done with lunch. Sandwich/burger place.
- Anthony’s Steak House
W3354 Hwy 50
Lake Geneva, WI
Great steaks. 70s decor but a good place to eat. $15 - $25 per person .
- Red Geranium
393 E. Edwards Blvd.
Lake Geneva WI
Fancy dishes, not a great wine list, expensive entrees ($20 - $30 dinner).
For more detailed information on southern Wisconsin restaurants, please visit the GazetteExtra Dining Guide.
Phone & Fax
Other Contact Forms
- Use this form for general inquiries about Edwards Instruments.
- RMA Request
- Need to return your instrument for warranty repair, evaluation or credit? Then use this form.
- Request an Appointment
- Are you ready to visit the factory to play test a horn? This is the page for you.
- Dealer Inquiry
- If you want to become a stocking Edwards dealer (and there none in your country), please use this form.